The Parachute Patriot doesn't match a single thing in the natural world...but oh does it catch fish! Since it burst onto the scene a few years ago, it has become one of our favorite go-to attractor patterns for trout in Northern Michigan. It is especially effective for chasing those opportunistic Brook Trout we love!
- HOOK: Firehole 419 or TMC 100
- THREAD: UNI 8/0 (Red) or Veevus 10/0 (smaller sizes)
- TAIL: Spade Hackle or Strung Rooster
- BODY: Krystal Flash (Saltwater Blue) or Flashabou (Electric Blue)
- POST: EP Fibers or Para Post
- Hackle: Dry Fly Neck
- VISE: Renzetti Traveler 2000
- BOBBIN: Loon All Purpose
- SCISSORS: Loon All Purpose Scissors
- WHIP FINISH: Loon Ergo Whip Finisher
- GLUE: Wapsi Z-Ment
This really is a fly you should have in your box anytime you're on the water in Northern Michigan May-October. It might not be the best for really fast heavy water, but you can always fish the catskill style version. This is our favorite color scheme but I may put up a purple version soon as that is a great alternative. Stick to sizes 12-16, this is an attractor and you won't need much else.