George Daniel's Grannom Pupa is a great fly to have in your box anywhere you might run into trout keying on caddis. This is a fun to tie fly that looks good in the vise and even better in the water!
- HOOK: Hanak Czech Nymph or TMC 2457 (Sizes 10-18)
- BEAD: Firehole Stones
- THREAD: Veevus 8/0 or Veevus 10/0
- BUTT: Veevus Body Quill
- BODY: Peacock Herl
- RIB: Ultra Wire Small (Copper)
- COLLAR: Hungarian Partridge Skin or Hungarian Partridge Feathers
- DUBBING: Spikey Squirrel Dub or Hare's Ear Plus
Although this fly can be fished close to the bottom on a nymphing rig, it really shines when fished mid-column. The partridge hackle and spikey dubbing really work well together to imitate an emerging insect. Don't be afraid to swing this fly at the end of your drift!