Dry Flies · Mayflies · Trout Flies ·
Borcher's Drake Parachute Tutorial
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I'm still working my food coma off after yesterday's feast.
I thought this week we would tie a fly that features turkey and I couldn't think of a better fly than the Borcher's Drake. This is a true staple in Northern Michigan fly boxes as it matches so many of our dark colored mayflies well. I recommend tying this up in sizes ten through sixteen.
- Hook: TMC 100
- Thread: 8/0 Brown or Black
- Tail: Moose Body
- Rib: XS Ultra Wire Copper
- Body: Cinnamon Tip Turkey Feather
- Parachute Post: Para Post or Poly Yarn
- Hackle: Grizzly Saddle from Whiting 100 Pack
- Thorax: Superfine Dubbing Brown