Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone
As the snow is slowly melting in Northern Michigan, the fishing is starting to pick up. The Boardman, Betsie and Manistee rivers all have steelhead and will continue to receive fresh fish with the warmer temperatures predicted for next week. Expect higher water but still decent visibility. Successful anglers are using a variety of flies including yarn eggs, beads, black stoneflies and green caddis.
- Yarn Eggs: Clown, Chartreuse, Steelhead Orange
- Beads: Clown Egg (8 &10), Fireball (8 &10) Glow Roe (8 &10)
- Black Stoneflies: Perla Stones #6, BBT Stone #8/10
- Green Caddis: PM Caddis #10, Gluten Free Caddis #6
Anglers hoping to get out and strip streamers for trout should also expect higher water to remain for some time. It's still worth it to get out however and shake off that winter rust. Pay attention to overnight temps and use caution at the boat ramps where there is still plenty of snow. Bring plenty of color options as preferences change day-to-day.
- Public Flasher (black)
- Galloup's Barely Legal (yello/brown)
- Sculpzilla (olive)
- Peanut Candy (black)
- Galloup's Sex Dungeon (rust)
- Skerik's Hi-Rez Bugger (brown/gold)