A staple in many nymph boxes, Craig McDonald’s Duracell Jig is quick to tie and wonderfully effective.
- Hook: Firehole Sticks 516 (12-18)
- Bead: Firehole Slotted Stones (Silver)
- Thread: Veevus 10/0 (Black)
- Tail: CDL Fibers (Barred Speckled)
- Rib: Ultra Wire Brassie (Red)
- Dubbing: Ice Dub (UV Brown)
- Collar: CDC Feather or Nature's Spirit CDC (Light or Medium Dun)
- Vise: Renzetti Traveler
- Bobbin: Griffin Bobbins
- Scissors: Dr. Slick All Purpose Scissor
- Hackle Plier: Hook & Hackle Plier
This is one of our favorite attractor patterns for both indicator & euro setups. Because it is so simple, it can easily be downsized for picky trout. Generally I fish this in the 12-14 range throughout the midwest and use it as a dropper. Don't be afraid to add small twitches to your presentation in slow water to activate that CDC!