DECEMBER 9TH - 7:30PM
Matt is the manager of The Northern Angler and the guy you may have seen behind the vise on most of our YouTube tying videos. He enjoys teaching tying most winters and putting together all the fly tying events hosted by the shop.
"This is a simple sculpin fly on a jig hook that uses coyote spun in a dubbing loop for a head that looks great and pushes water."
- Rotary Vise
- Dubbing Loop Spinner
- Hair Clips or Hareline Clamps
- UV Resin or Head cement
"I tie this fly specifically for rivers like The Boardman where I need a fly to get down in a hurry. It fishes especially well around drop offs and shelves."
- Hook: Gamakatsu B10s #2 or Ahrex Trout Predator
- Thread: Veevus 6/0 or UNI 6/0
- Tail: Strung Marabou or MFC Barred Marabou
- Flash: Lateral Scale (1/69")
- Body: Strung Schlappen or MFC Barred Schlappen
- Body: UV Polar Chenille
- Legs: Fly Enhancer Legs
- Eyes: Double Pupil Lead Eyes (Large)
- Head: EP Minnow Head Brush
SAVE 20% ON THESE MATERIALS
USE CODE: "LIVETIE2" AT CHECKOUT